Johannisches Sozialwerk e.V.
Partner and helper in modern social work based on Christian responsibility.
We have been helping people in need for over 60 years irrespective of their faith or religious denomination, nationality or the colour of their skin.
On the basis of active Christianity we want to help people, enable them to help themselves and foster integration. We seek to foster a community, where people respect and understand each other and learn to love one another.
Johannisches Sozialwerk e.V. works in a number of the German Laender, where it runs and organises various social service facilities offering help in different aspects of life:
- health and advisory centres for outpatient care
- family-fostered children's home
- kindergarten centres and full day care
- individual care and addiction counselling
- transport service for disabled persons
- cultural programmes such as an Integrative Group for people with disabilities and their family members
We are a national member of the Paritätischer Wohlfahrtsverband [Joint Federal Association of Non-Statuary Welfare] and a founding member of the association in the Laender Brandenburg, Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt.
Johannisches Sozialwerk e.V. finances its work from members' subscriptions, reimbursement for services provided and donations. Many of our activities and projects would not be possible without donations and the commitment of volunteers.